Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Turning the page

I hear you, Tonya.  Life has a way of sort of sucking the life right out of you, but I must say that things have been interesting for me lately.  However, if you were to ask me how, I really can't put my finger on it.  It just feels like I'm headed in a new direction. I feel like I'm exploring a new territory.  I am looking at life in a new light, with new eyes.  It's amazing!  Have you ever felt that way?  I mean, I can't even put it into words really and honestly, nothing out of the ordinary has happened.  I just sort of know...

One of the things that I've realized is that I need new goals.  In the past, I just mindlessly blurt out something that I want to accomplish and simply forget about it within a couple of days.  Most of the time, my goal was something that I believed to be impossible anyway.  Still, this time I want to do it differently.  I'm going to think and pray about what I should accomplish.  It'll be something that I'm willing to commit to, then I'll sort of make a public announcement.  Yeah, that's what I'll do.  We're about to embark upon a new year, so there's no better time than right now to start planning for 2011...right?

You know, as I write this, my mind screams," Why try?  You've done this multiple times on numerous occassions and you've failed miserably."  This is true.  I have tablets full of goals that I've never accomplished.  Nevertheless, if I let my past mistakes and failures dictate my life, I'd never move forward.  Furthermore, I wouldn't know what success tastes and smells like.  And despite my many failures, I have had some significant breakthroughs in my life.  So with that said, I'm starting over.  I'm aiming to take on this process differently and hopefully end up with a different outcome.  It's a miracle that I have the courage to admit my past mistakes and start over.  So...I'm turning the page...
                                                                                                              -Daphne-

No comments:

Post a Comment