Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A New Chapter

Dap!  That's so crazy!  I was thinking about some of the same things in church today.  So many times have I shared countless and countless of ideas on things I would like to do but never pursued it.  Like you, the goals seemed unattainable while at the same time I could see myself operating in those very dreams.  How contradicting is that!  I think I focused too much on what I couldn't do versus what I could and dwelled on what I didn't have forgetting what I did have.  I doubted myself and would talk myself out of the idea before I could begin to lay a foundation.  It's a vicious cycle I've been in for the past 10 years.  Sad, I know.

However, like you, today not only am I turning the page, I'm starting a new chapter.  I was listening to William Murphy's, The Sound cd and there's a song entitled dReam.  One line in this song really hit home, it said, "It's never too late to be who you should have been."  I am holding strong to those words.  I WILL BE WHO I SHOULD HAVE BEEN! 

I will not be the person looking back at life which I would have pursue my dreams.  I know that God has placed these ideas in me for a reason and it's up to me to do what I need to do to be that person God has called me to be.  So, yes!  It's a very exciting time.

2011 - Bring it on!

~Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment