Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chip away

I did it!  I'm so proud of myself!  I sent the song to Shae about a week ago and I am simply ecstatic!  The bulk of my excitement stems from the mere fact that I was able to accomplish a goal that I set for myself.  You have no idea how long this goal has seemed impossible to accomplish.  Granted, it wasn't a walk in the park, but determination and persistence won in the end.  Now, on to 2nd quarter goals.  I've decided to enter several songwriting competitions this quarter.  The first is Bosa.  The deadline to submit material is April 29th, which is right around the corner, so I'm frantically working to meet this deadline.  The second competition ends on May 31st-The USA Songwriting Competition.  The last contest is called the Next Classic Love Song Competion and it ends on June 18th.  No doubt about it,  I'll definitely be busy for the remainder of the quarter.

Unfortunately, I've been so focused on finding reasons to write songs, that I haven't thought a lot about the outings that I should take this quarter.  I stated last quarter that instead of one big event, I'll venture out every month.  Since the end of this month is fastly approaching, I'll have to find something to do pretty quickly.  I'll bring those ideas to my next post. 

I have a question.  I've been thinking long and hard about what I'd like to accomplish.  Sometimes it overwhelms me, because I don't see how it's possible.  How do you attempt to accomplish something that seems to be impossible?  Maybe you chip away at it, huh...

                                                              -Daphne-

No comments:

Post a Comment