Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ups and Downs

Well, the storm definitely came to me.  This has been a tough week.  It's been mentally and emotionally draining.  I've got to regroup now and regain my balance.  Nothing horrible has happened; it was just a hard week.  Wheww!!!  The expression "emotional rollercoaster" is not an understatement.  During the week, there were times when I'd just want to run away from everything and hide.  What am I hiding from?  I don't even  know.  I just didn't want anyone to be able to find me.  I came home yesterday, after one of these kind of days, and saw a video clip that was hysterical.  It kinda knocked me back into alignment, so I'm ok now.

I haven't mentioned my writing in a while.  One of the things that was always discouraging to me about writing was that I would come up with the tune and lyrics to my songs.  I knew what the music should sound like too, but I couldn't play it and it's very difficult to describe it to a musician.  I've finally arrived at the conclusion that I'll just do the best that I can to play my songs and try to record them on my own.  This way, I'll have somewhat of a rough draft of my songs, so hopefully it'll be easier for someone more skilled to follow my train of thought.

Tonya, I've been thinking on how we each have our own goals.  We all do things differently.  We all have different talents and ambitions.  Still, everyone wants to get to a point in life that feels right.  "If at first you don't succeed, don't give up, but try, try again."  This is so true.  Still, it gets hard to do this at times.  I guess that's one of the reasons why success is so valuable.  You definitely have to have some "umph"  to be triumphant, cause it's not always easy.  Sometimes (as you've read earlier), I get so hype.  I feel like I can conquer the world.  I still think that I can.  It's just that now, I have more than the world to conquer.  I must also subdue myself.

                                                                                                         Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment