Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Procrastinationitis

Girl, you gotta have your supplies in order!  You know that I believe in having my supplies in order before I start any new task.  That's what the preachers call  "provision."  These are the things that are gonna help you reach your desired goal.  Gotsta have the supplies!  ...So how close are you to finishing your schedule?

I guess I would be classified as a procrastinator too.  Is that why we're friends, because we share so many of the same good and bad qualities? :)  I've been procrastinating on writing lately.  I love writing on this blog, but you'd never know it based on my actions alone.  Case in point, tonight, I sat on my bed and looked at my keyboard for about 30 minutes straight.  Then, I finally got up and got on to practice.  I stayed on for almost 2 hrs.  I enjoyed myself so much that I didn't really want to get off, but if you'd seen the way that I was eyeing it before my session, you would never guess how much enjoyment I find in playing.  Why do I do that?  I don't have an answer for it.  Maybe, procrastination is a disease.  It has those times when it flares up, but when it subsides, you hardly know it's there.  Procrastinationitis...?  If this is the case, the most ironic thing about this disease is that I have the cure in my possession.  However, I most often opt to deal with the symptoms.  Why, Daphne...why?

No comments:

Post a Comment