Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Staying on Task

Why is it so hard to stay focused and stay on task?  There are so many distractions out there.  From watching Family Guy to surfing the net, it seems as if it's easier to waste time on mindless activities.  I must admit that this is one of my nemesis.  I can spend hours on facebook and channel surfing then get frustrated with myself for wasting so much time.  Some days are better than others.  On those days I have a my to-do-list and I'm checking off tasks.  Other days, I wonder what happened to the time.  I guess the moral of the story is I need to create more to-do-lists.

Even though, I am not always on task, I do feel as if I'm making progress.  I'm learning so much at work and I have committed to creating a 2 yr plan.  More to come on my 2 yr plan.  However, I can say that I have taken a step towards pursuing an aspect of my dreams.  In the past couple years, I have discovered a passion for teaching and sharing knowledge.  In 2009, I took the Teachers and Leadership Certification at my church so that I would be able to teach classes through our Bible Institute.  Though, I completed the course with an A, I had not stepped out to teach a class.  I was a co-teacher with the hubby but that doesn't count.  Anyway!  This week, I decided to teach a class during our summer session.  I am super excited and nervous at the same time, but I know this is what I want and need to go to the next level. 

~  Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment