Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Carving Myself Out of the Wall

I totally agree with you that determination is key and I have taken on a new determination.  For 33 years I have always felt more comfortable blending into the walls.  Actually, if I could be behind a wall and absolutely no one sees me would make it even better.  I've never been the one to want the spotlight on me.  Always a shy and bashful child growing up, I grew up to be a shy and bashful adult although some of my friends beg to differ.  Last week, I had a conversation with one of my bosses and he plainly stated, "You have to carve yourself out of the wall."  This bomb, if you will, was dropped on me after sharing with him my goals and aspirations as it relates to my career.  His words hit home hard!

So with that said, I am now determined to carve myself out of the wall.  Not sure how that will look but I look forward to sharing the progress on our blog....

More to come.....

~ Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment