Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

More than Talk

Wow!  You really did it.  You purchased the ticket.  Now, the next step is to actually attend the event.  You know how we do....we get so far then stop.  I will be expecting a post about your experience.

This year is definitely going to be more than just talk.  We have talked and talked and talked until finally it's time to make things happen.  We've had so many visions for our lives and I know that it will come to fruition.  The blog is an indicator of our commitment to action versus dialogue.  Our conversation on Saturday was great.  A lof ot times as I'm sharing with you, it encourages me as well which is why I always loved our Saturday talks. 

It's true that we make time for the things we want and some times for things we don't want.  We're both somewhat stubborn people and when we put our minds to something we get it done.  I think that we need to channel that stubborness in a way that it will become discipline.  I was talking to a friend of mine on Friday and I was telling him that I didn't have much discipline.  He said, "Tonya, yes you do have discipline.  Didn't you stop eating meat 2 years ago?"  It didn't occur to me that I apply discipline to certain areas of my life and when I'm committed to something there's no swaying me.  In the same way, I have to apply that same discipline to all areas of my life. 

So, what book am I reading?  I have begun reading "Becoming a Person of Influence" by John C. Maxwell.  My goal is to develop leadership skills and learn how to use the gifts/talents that are in me - the Introvert.   I'll speak more on being an introvert in my next post.

~ Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment