Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Credibility

Yes!  Yes, I purchased my ticket to the Savor Dallas International Grand Tasting and I am so proud of myself and excited about attending.  We both have a long list of  the things that we'd like to experience, which includes the places that we've always wanted to go.  Well, attending a cooking event, hosted by a chef, has always been right at the top of my list.  Still, if we didn't have this blog, it would always just be something that I'd like to do.  I never would have accomplished it.  It's crazy, but the only reason why I haven't done it in the past is just because I wasn't willing to sit down and look for an event.  However, those days of being lazy are over. 

So, I contacted Shae and got her address for the song.  At that time, she informed me that I'll have to find a way to send her a cd of my song.  Now, I really wasn't planning to spend any money on a professional recording, so I had no earthly idea how I would accomplish this.  But, you really made a valid point during our Saturday conversation.  You said that we find ways to do everything that we really want to do.  You added that if I really wanted to find a way to do this, then I'd take the rest of the weekend to figure it out...and I did.  I learned how to transfer a song from a cassette to a cd, so I don't have to spend a lot of money on a professional recording.  I can send a true rough draft of the song to her.  Right now, I'm still learning how to play it, but I'll definitely have it recorded and out to her before the end of the quarter.

You know, this blog was a really good idea.  I just purchased my Savor Dallas ticket today, which is horrible because I procrastinated.   Still,  I knew that I couldn't post again without purchasing my ticket.  In the past, we set goals and were supposed to be accountable to each other, but I'd simply shrug it off when you asked me about it.  Now, you're asking me in public, so I'm obligated to make myself look credible :)  Honestly, I like that.  I like it a lot.  So...what book are you reading?

                                                                                                         -Daphne-

No comments:

Post a Comment