Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Transparency

Thanks, friend.  I needed that.  I guess I'll have to make that my daily affirmation too.  Tonya, the other day you asked me what our blog is supposed to accomplish.  My response to you was that I want us to inspire others to catch their dreams.  Your question stuck with me though and caused me to take a step back. 

When I decided to commit to blogging, it was because I wanted to document my journey to catching my dreams.  And I realized that this cannot be done without some level of transparency.  I must be willing to be real every day and every single time that I post it must be what's true for me at that moment, or else it's all a lie.   My life won't be roses and sunshine everyday.  Still, the reader should be able to benefit from the posts no matter what.  I'd like to convey to the readers that stormy, rainy days should be expected on their journey, but these times won't last.  The same is true for the good times.  My posts should be a story about the journey of the whole person; this would include my mental state, accomplishments, and failures...because you know that there will be failures.

Nonetheless, I hope that my posts will inspire someone else to try.  This way, even if you fail the first time around, it will still be regarded as an accomplishment.  So with that said, I make a promise that my posts will do just that from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment